Yes. If you are married or 18 years or older, you are automatically emancipated.
Beginning September 1, 2017, minors (people under 18 years old) in Texas will not be able to get married unless they are emancipated.
- What is emancipation?
- How can I get emancipated?
- What are the requirements for getting emancipated?
- What forms do I need to get emancipated?
- If I have a baby, will I automatically be emancipated?
- If I am married, am I automatically emancipated?
- If I join the military, am I automatically emancipated?
- Emancipation Information for Parents
Any other questions? Call or text us! 1-866-999-5263