No. Having a baby does not automatically emancipate you from your parents or legal guardians. Your parents will not, however, have any parental rights to your baby. You and the baby’s father will have full parental rights over your baby.
- What is emancipation?
- How can I get emancipated?
- What are the requirements for getting emancipated?
- What forms do I need to get emancipated?
- If I have a baby, will I automatically be emancipated?
- If I am married, am I automatically emancipated?
- If I join the military, am I automatically emancipated?
- Emancipation Information for Parents
Any other questions? Call or text us! 1-866-999-5263
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)