Jane’s Due Process is currently not recruiting for internships at this time
Jane’s Due Process is currently hiring for the following staff positions:
Jane’s Due Process (JDP) is searching for a Client Coordinator to support former clients who want to engage in advocacy around young people’s reproductive rights in Texas. JDP’s youth advocacy program centers young people who have been harmed by laws that require parental involvement for birth control and abortion. We believe the young people who are most impacted by these laws should be at the front of the fight for teens’ reproductive freedom.
The Client Coordinator will create and implement a curriculum that provides social service referrals, life skills, and professional development to youth advocates. This role is a bridge of support between our direct service and advocacy programs. The Client Coordinator will work closely with JDP’s Client Services Manager and Program Manager. JDP is committed to ensuring our youth advocates can fight for full reproductive freedom while also working towards educational goals, careers and life success.
The Client Coordinator is a full-time position. Connecting with youth may happen on evenings and weekends. JDP supports flexible work hours and comp time. The Client Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
- Builds positive, age-appropriate relationships with former Jane’s Due Process clients who want to engage in advocacy work.
- Partners with community organizations to assist youth on post-secondary and life success, such as job preparation, financial literacy, housing, transportation, healthy relationships, sexual assault bystander intervention, college exposure, etc.
- Works closely with JDP’s Program Manager to help youth successfully participate in advocacy and leadership opportunities.
- Identifies and provides referrals to social service agencies, including housing, healthcare, transportation, therapy, education and job support.
- Obtains and assimilates best practices related to restorative justice, trauma-informed, and harm-reduction strategies with former JDP clients.
- Maintains accurate client records including case notes on support provided to each young person. Provides updates on case management work to JDP staff to inform progress of the program.
- Commitment to reproductive rights, health and justice and racial equity.
- Demonstrated passion for youth services. Past work experience can include but is not limited to providing case management, job placement, housing & healthcare referrals, working with youth in foster care, and/or supporting survivors of violence.
- Strong case management skills and clear boundaries with clients to ensure work/life balance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships of mutual trust and respect with youth and community members.
- Must live in Texas, but currently because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the position is 100% remote.
- Bilingual language skills in Spanish and English is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
- Annual salary of $51,000.00 before taxes.
- 100% employer covered health, vision and dental insurance.
- Paid vacation, as well as holiday and sick leave.
- Employer match contribution to retirement savings plan.
Please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Jane’s Due Process is an equal opportunity employer . All employment decisions, including decisions regarding selection, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, advancement, discipline, discharge, and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law.