You must have your appointment for your sonogram and pregnancy options counseling prior to getting an attorney and filing your application for judicial bypass. Once your judicial bypass application is filed with the court*, the judge will rule on the case within five business days.
On average, it takes about a week to schedule an ultrasound appointment, a week to get the bypass, and another week to get the abortion. You can make the judicial bypass process move faster by calling our hotline at 866-999-5263 and filling out an intake form as soon as possible, then calling your nearest clinic and scheduling the soonest ultrasound appointment they have available.
*In most cases, the attorney we assign to your case will file your application for you. In some counties, the court will assign your attorney and you will need to file the application. Call our hotline at 866-999-5263 and if your case is in one of these counties, our case manager will walk you through it.
- What is a judicial bypass for abortion?
- How do I get a judicial bypass for an abortion?
- How long does it take to get a judicial bypass?
- Does it cost money to get a judicial bypass?
- Will anyone know if I get a judicial bypass for abortion?
- What kinds of questions will the judge ask me?
This post is also available in: ES (Spanish)