No. There are no legal fees for applying to get a judicial bypass for abortion. You will only have to pay for your clinic appointments.
If you are unable to pay for your abortion, there are many local and national funding networks that can help you. See the list below. You should also ask your abortion clinic if it has funding.
- National Abortion Federation: 1-800-772-9100
- Planned Parenthood: 1-800-230-7526
- The Lilith Fund: 1-877-659-4304 (for areas south of Waco, Austin, Houston, and South Texas)
- The Texas Equal Access Fund: 1-888-854-4852 (for DFW metro area, Waco, Panhandle, and East and West Texas)
If you are unable to find transportation to your clinic, or need somewhere to stay, these organizations may be able to help you:
- Clinic Access Support Network: 281- 947–2276 (call or text, transportation in Houston)
- The Bridge Collective: 512-524-9822 (lodging, transportation, and abortion doulas within 100 mile radius of Austin)
- Fund Texas Choice: 512-900-8908 or 1-844-900-8908 (transportation and lodging)
- What is a judicial bypass for abortion?
- How do I get a judicial bypass for an abortion?
- How long does it take to get a judicial bypass?
- Does it cost money to get a judicial bypass?
- Will anyone know if I get a judicial bypass for abortion?
- What kinds of questions will the judge ask me?
This post is also available in: ES (Spanish)