Help with paying for your abortion:
- National Abortion Federation: 1-800-772-9100
- Planned Parenthood: 1-800-230-7526
- The Lilith Fund: 1-877-659-4304 (for areas south of Waco, Austin, Houston, and South Texas)
- The Texas Equal Access Fund: 1-888-854-4852 (for DFW metro area, Waco, Panhandle, and East and West Texas)
- The West Fund: 915-213-4535 (English) or 915-213-4578 (Spanish) (for El Paso & surrounding areas)
Help with getting to your abortion:
- Fund Texas Choice: 512-900-8908 or 1-844-900-8908 (transportation and lodging vouchers)
- Clinic Access Support Network: (281) 947 – CASN (2276) (transportation in Houston–call or text)
- Cicada Collective/North Texas Abortion Fund: 940-441-3337 (lodging, transportation, and abortion doulas in DFW)
- The Bridge Collective: 512-524-9822 (lodging, transportation, and abortion doulas within 100 mile radius of Austin)
The cost of an abortion varies depending on how far along you are in your pregnancy and which abortion clinic you choose. The average cost of an abortion for minors varies from $400-$500 in the first trimester, and will greatly increase in the second trimester. The earlier you are in your pregnancy, the less expensive the abortion will be.
It is very important to make the appointment for your abortion as soon as you are certain that you want to terminate your pregnancy, as the cost will increase rapidly. If you are concerned about paying for the procedure, ask the clinic if they have any funds that can help you pay for it or if your insurance will cover some of the cost of the procedure. The cost of an abortion might also vary depending on the clinic, so make sure to call all of the clinics in your area to see which one will be most affordable for you.
If you are unable to pay for your abortion, there are many local and national funding networks that can help you. The list above will help you find ways to fund your abortion. You should also ask your abortion clinic if it has funding. Do your best to not delay your abortion because of monetary concerns–the cost of the abortion will only increase. Be sure to explore all funding options and payment plans before delaying your appointment.
- Is it legal to get an abortion in Texas if I’m under 18?
- Can I get an abortion without my parents knowing and without my parent’s permission if I’m under 18?
- How do I get an abortion without telling my parents or getting their permission?
- Where can I get an abortion in Texas?
- How much do abortions cost? How will I pay for my abortion?
- How far into my pregnancy can I have an abortion?
- Is it safe for a teenager to get an abortion?
Any other questions? Call us! 1-866-999-5263