WE ARE NOT AN ABORTION FUND. WE PROVIDE LEGAL SERVICES FOR FREE TO PREGNANT TEENAGERS. IF YOU ARE AN ADULT LOOKING FOR HELP WITH ABORTION FUNDING, WE CAN ONLY REFER YOU TO THE FUNDS LISTED BELOW.
We know that it’s not always possible to pay for your sonogram and abortion and to get a ride to the clinic. But don’t let that stop you from getting the health care you deserve. If you’re in need of financial assistance, transportation, or childcare during your abortion, call one of the organizations below. If you are a teen also in need of a judicial bypass, call us at 866-999-5263 so our case manager can help you.
Help with paying for your abortion:
To begin, you can read a step-by-step guide to getting abortion funding on our blog.
- National Abortion Federation: 1-800-772-9100 (ask your independent clinic to screen you for NAF)
- Planned Parenthood: 1-800-230-7526 (ask your PP clinic to screen you for the “Justice Fund”)
- The Lilith Fund: 1-877-659-4304 (only provides funding for areas south of Waco, Austin, Houston, and South Texas)
- The Texas Equal Access Fund: 1-888-854-4852 (only provides funding for DFW metro area, Waco, Panhandle, and East and West Texas)
- The West Fund: 915-213-4535 (English) or 915-213-4578 (Spanish) (only provides funding for El Paso & surrounding areas)
Help with getting to your abortion:
- Fund Texas Choice: 512-900-8908 or 1-844-900-8908 (transportation and lodging vouchers for people who need to travel to another city or over 100 miles)
- Clinic Access Support Network: (281) 947 – CASN (2276) (transportation in Houston–call or text)
- Cicada Collective: 940-441-3337 (lodging, transportation, and abortion doulas in DFW)
- The Bridge Collective: 512-524-9822 (lodging, transportation, and abortion doulas within 100 mile radius of Austin)
The cost of an abortion varies depending on how far along you are in your pregnancy and which abortion clinic you choose. The average cost of an abortion is around $500 in the first trimester, and will greatly increase to $850 or more in the second trimester. The earlier you are in your pregnancy, the less expensive the abortion will be.
It is very important to make the appointment for your abortion as soon as you are certain that you want to terminate your pregnancy, as the cost will increase rapidly. If you are concerned about paying for the procedure, ask the clinic if they have any funds that can help you pay for it or if your insurance will cover some of the cost of the procedure. The cost of an abortion might also vary depending on the clinic, so make sure to call all of the clinics in your area to see which one will be most affordable for you.
If you are unable to pay for your abortion, there are many local and national funding networks that can help you. This step-by-step guide and the list above will help you find ways to fund your abortion. You should also ask your abortion clinic if it has funding. Do your best to not delay your abortion because of monetary concerns–the cost of the abortion will only increase. Be sure to explore all funding options and payment plans before delaying your appointment.
- Is it legal to get an abortion in Texas if I’m under 18?
- Can teens get abortions without parental permission?
- How do I get an abortion without parental permission?
- Where can I get an abortion in Texas?
- How much do abortions cost? How will I pay for my abortion?
- How far into my pregnancy can I have an abortion?
- Is it safe for a teenager to get an abortion?
- Where can I learn more about abortion?
Any other questions? Call or text us! 1-866-999-5263