Yes. Teenagers (and anyone under 18) can get birth control without their parent’s permission and without their parents knowing at some, but not all, clinics in Texas. The clinics that will provide birth control to minors without parental involvement are called Title X clinics. These clinics get federal funding, so they do not have to follow the same rules as clinics that get funding from the state. Click here to find a Title X clinic near you where you can get confidential birth control. If you are a minor currently on Medicaid, you can get birth control at any clinic in Texas that accepts Medicaid without parental consent.
- How do I prevent pregnancy?
- Can you get birth control in Texas if you are under 18?
- Can teenagers get birth control without their parent’s permission?
- Where can teenagers get confidential birth control in Texas?
- How much does birth control cost?
- What is the best birth control for teens?
- Can teenagers get the morning-after pill (Plan B) without telling their parents?
- Where can I learn more about birth control?
Any other questions? Call or text us: 1-866-999-5263.
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)