Yes. It is legal in Texas for minors to use birth control. There are clinics that will allow you to obtain birth control without the permission or notification of your parents. If you are a minor currently on Medicaid, you can get birth control at any clinic in Texas that accepts Medicaid without parental consent. If you are sexually active and want to prevent teen pregnancy, you need to be using a reliable method of birth control. You and your partner should use a condom and another form of birth control to minimize your chances of pregnancy. Only condoms will protect against sexually transmitted infections.
- How do I prevent teenage pregnancy?
- Can teenagers get birth control without their parent’s permission?
- Where can teenagers get birth control in Texas?
- How much does birth control cost?
- What is the best birth control for teens?
- Can teenagers get the morning-after pill (Plan B) without telling their parents?
- Where can I learn more about birth control?
Any other questions? Call us! 1-866-999-5263 (JANE)
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)