As December ushers in a season of reflection and gratitude, we find ourselves contemplating the journey we’ve undertaken in the past year. In the midst of global conflict and challenges in reproductive healthcare, our hearts are filled with gratitude for the unwavering support of our community.
A Legacy of 20 Years: Adapting to Change
Since our founding in 2001, Jane’s Due Process has been a lifeline for Texas teens facing barriers to abortion. However, the landscape changed dramatically last year when the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, severely impacting abortion access in Texas. Forced to adapt swiftly, we filed a lawsuit against the Texas Attorney General and district attorneys who sought to prosecute those helping individuals travel out of state for an abortion. In May of this year, we began aiding Texas teens in traveling out of state for abortions.
While our methods evolved, our commitment remained unchanged: ensuring that Texas teens are not alone when confronted with obstacles to abortion and birth control. Throughout these changes, your unwavering support fueled our resilience.
Thank You for Your Support: A Constant in Changing Times
To our incredible community, thank you. Your support has been the bedrock that allowed us to persist in the face of adversity. As we look ahead, your continued support will be crucial in providing young people across Texas with the assistance they need to navigate the complexities of abortion and birth control access.
Your contributions to Jane’s Due Process make a significant impact, enabling us to offer abortion funding, practical support for out-of-state travel, sex education, birth control information, youth leadership programs, emergency contraception access, and more. Together, as a community, we make it happen for Texas teens.
2023 Impact: Numbers Speak Louder Than Words
Curious about the impact your support has had in 2023? Here are some highlights:
- Over 100 young people reached out for abortion funding and practical support since May.
- In response to Title X limitations, we assisted over 1,000 teens in Texas communities with free emergency contraception.
- Our youth fellows continue to be champions for change, sharing their abortion stories and strategizing during their recent retreat in El Paso.
- A new sex education program addresses teens’ questions about their bodies and healthy relationships.
- The upcoming Youth Content Squad will empower young Texans in digital activism.
- Our hotline and text line have been invaluable resources, receiving thousands of inquiries about reproductive health options.
Support Jane’s Due Process: Make a Difference in 2024
As we approach the end of the year, we invite you to make a gift to Jane’s Due Process before December 31st. Your contribution can make a lasting impact:
- $1,500 helps one teen travel for abortion care.
- $1,000 supports one month of outreach to Texas teens about their rights and how to access abortion.
- $500 helps provide stipends for youth fellows growing as leaders in the reproductive rights and justice movements.
- $100 supports volunteer training materials for our hotline and text line.
- $50 makes two repro kits containing free emergency contraception and pregnancy tests available to young Texans.
Your ongoing support will enable us to continue providing vital reproductive healthcare support to Texas teens in 2024.
Jane Says Thank You: A Personal Testimony
“I thank JDP for lending me a hand when I most needed it.” – A young person we recently helped get an abortion.
In 2023, 5,000 Texas teens reached out to Jane’s Due Process for vital information and support. Your continued support ensures that we can help thousands more in 2024.
As we navigate these changes and challenges, we extend our deepest gratitude to you, our community. Together, we are making a difference in the lives of Texas teens, ensuring they have the support they need.
Thank you for being a vital part of the Jane’s Due Process family.