WE ARE NOT AN ABORTION FUND. WE PROVIDE LEGAL SERVICES FOR FREE TO PREGNANT TEENAGERS. IF YOU ARE AN ADULT LOOKING FOR HELP WITH ABORTION FUNDING, WE CAN ONLY REFER YOU TO THE FUNDS LISTED BELOW.
We know that it’s not always possible to pay for your sonogram and abortion and to get a ride to the clinic. But don’t let that stop you from getting the health care you deserve. If you’re in need of financial assistance, transportation, or childcare during your abortion, call one of the organizations below. If you are a teen also in need of a judicial bypass, call us at 866-999-5263 so our case manager can help you. If you’re an adult, you can check out our step-by-step guide to abortion funding.
The average cost of a first trimester abortion in Texas is around $500. However, cost can vary based on provider and certain medical conditions. If you are past 12 weeks, the cost will be higher and will increase the further along you are in the pregnancy.
Help with paying for your abortion:
- National Abortion Federation:1-800-772-9100
- Planned Parenthood: 1-800-230-7526
- The Lilith Fund:1-877-659-4304 (for areas south of Waco, Austin, Houston, and South Texas)
- The Texas Equal Access Fund:1-888-854-4852 (for DFW metro area, Waco, Panhandle, and East and West Texas)
- The West Fund:915-213-4535 (English) or 915-213-4578 (Spanish) (for El Paso and surrounding areas)
- La Frontera Fund: 956-508-3329 (for the RGV and surrounding areas)
- Your clinic! Make sure you tell the staff at your clinic if you cannot afford your procedure and ask them if they have funding available.
Help with getting to your abortion:
- Fund Texas Choice: 512-900-8908 or 1-844-900-8908 (transportation and lodging vouchers if you need to travel 100 or more to the clinic)
- Clinic Access Support Network:(281) 947 – CASN (2276) (transportation in Houston–call or text)
- The Bridge Collective:512-524-9822 (lodging, transportation, and abortion doulas within 100 mile radius of Austin)
The cost of an abortion varies depending on how far along you are in your pregnancy and which abortion clinic you choose. The average cost of an abortion is around $500 in the first trimester, and will greatly increase to $850 and more in the second trimester. The earlier you are in your pregnancy, the less expensive the abortion will be.
It is very important to make the appointment for your abortion as soon as you are certain that you want to terminate your pregnancy, as the cost will increase rapidly. If you are concerned about paying for the procedure, ask the clinic if they have any funds that can help you pay for it or if your insurance will cover some of the cost of the procedure (however, in Texas, private and public insurance providers cannot be applied to abortion procedures). The cost of an abortion might also vary depending on the clinic, so make sure to call all of the clinics in your area to see which one will be most affordable for you.