Under the supervision of the Direct Services Senior Manager, the Program Coordinator at Jane’s Due Process (JDP) is responsible for overseeing our volunteer programs, daily hotline operations, and other programmatic work as assigned. They engage in program design and implementation. The Program Coordinator works with other stakeholders across Texas to ensure our direct service programs are accessible to teens across the state.
The PM will be primarily responsible for training, coaching, and relationship management with all JDP volunteers and expanding our volunteer program. Working in collaboration with the Senior Manager and other JDP staff, the PM will ensure that the hotline, text line, and repro kit programs are operating effectively and achieving outcomes in alignment with JDP’s program model, mission, and values. In addition, the PM will support the cultivation of new partnerships through networking and active engagement in the larger community.
This position will be required to travel 15-20% of the time for conferences and events. The Program Coordinator is a full-time position. Occasionally events may happen on evenings and weekends. JDP has a 32-hour work week, and supports flexible work hours and comp time. The Volunteer Coordinator reports to the Senior Manager.
- Recruit, maintain, and expand schedule of volunteer coverage for hotline and texline
- Organize and facilitate volunteer training for hotline and text line
- Create and distribute monthly electronic newsletter for all JDP volunteers
- Provide advocacy and technology support to volunteers as needed
- Create and assist with regular training opportunities for volunteers that are applicable to providing advocacy to teens seeking reproductive health services (i.e. sex education, intimate partner violence, abortion procedures, etc.)
- Complete bi-annual review of volunteers who are active and inactive
- Coordinate virtual activities for volunteers, including scheduling webinars, taking notes, and maintaining high standards of communication with the volunteers
- Manage hotline/text line supervisors and track hours
- Oversee phone and text hotlines daily operations
- Troubleshoot technical issues for operations
- Ensure referral information for all services including contraceptive providers in Texas, and abortion providers outside of Texas is accurate and up to date
- Oversee all text conversations to ensure proper information is being given to public
- Operate shifts for text line and hotline when there is no volunteer coverage
Repro Kit Management
- Order and organize and distribute all supplies
- Recruit and train volunteers for kit disbursement
- Cultivate relationships with partner organizations who facilitate kit distribution
- Excels in relationship-building and has strong project management skills.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and communicating progress to supervisors and stakeholders.
- Ability to provide 1-on-1 support to volunteers
- Preference will be given to candidates based in rural Texas, though this role is 100% remote.
- Preference given to candidates with bilingual language skills in English and Spanish
- Knowledge of abortion healthcare, reproductive health, rights and justice issues. Preferably has at least 1+ years working in one of these areas
Compensation & Benefits
- Annual salary between $60,000 – $65,000 before taxes. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- 100% employer-covered health, vision and dental insurance.
- Paid vacation, as well as holiday and sick leave.
- Employer contribution to retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with job title in the subject. Priority will be given to applications received by April 10th. The application closes April 28th. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Jane’s Due Process is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions, including decisions regarding selection, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, advancement, discipline, discharge, and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation or any other status protected by law.